Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Completely frazzled

I went to my first physical therapy session today at the hospital and have been told I have a torn disk. They didn't do much there but ask me about my range of motion. He asked me how far forward I can bend. I was NOT going there. AT ALL. That's how my back pulled out in the first place! They did a little ultrasound, and 1 stretch, and that's what I'm supposed to do every 2 hours during the day. Ugggg.... I'm not good at doing ANYTHING several times a day like that. That in itself will be a chore.
When I got home, I got a call from the neck and back clinic in Hudson- my dr. referred me to them to start therapy there ALSO. In addition to PT!?!? This is supposed to be twice a week, PT is twice a week, and with summer school for the kids coming up next week, and a garage sale to set up for next weekend, and events at the library for the kids, speech therapy for Olivia once a week... My brain is fried. I've resorted to putting everything in my phone's calendar, and on the calendar at home in hopes of not forgetting any appointments. I'm used to having 1 appointment every week. Speech for Olivia. My calender is now pretty full- at least for the next week or 2.  I guess this other program is a more intense, 9-12 week exercise building program which is really what I need to push me into that exercise mode and getting OLDER. Uggg.... I've never thought about getting OLD before. It just kinda sneeks up on a person! All these things I need to start doing now since I haven't had previous issues with my body in general. Watch my salt and fat intake, exercise, bla bla bla..... It's just a lot to take in at once. lol I'm sure I'll do fine. It'll just take some adjusting. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment